Saturday, September 13, 2008

Let Mercy Come




A few weeks ago Ryan did a sermon that really moved me, based on the song "What I've done" by Linkin Park. It was part of a sermon series on spirituality and pop culture. We've had a lot of amazing sermon series, but I think this one has been the closest to my heart: exploring how God bears witness to himself even through secular movies and music.

And I just have to say -- an Adventist church that isn't afraid to play a Linkin Park song as part of the service? And find legitimate spiritual truth in it? I love this place.

Listen to the sermon here (Let Mercy Come)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

truly amazing... i was watching this video and thought about it in the context of God's mercy and grace, which we don't deserve, but which the Lord gives faithfully... it really touched me too... wish i could've heard the sermon!

Melody George said...

You can hear the sermon, actually! There's a link at the bottom of my post that lets you listen to it! Let me know what you think...

Anonymous said...

whenever i click on the link to listen to the sermon, it takes me to a page that says "blogger unavailable", or something to that effect... btw, i sent you a message on facebook, in case you're like "who is this person"... (:

Melody George said...

Haha, sorry about that. I just fixed the link. Now it will take you to the sermon archives, so you'll have to scroll down to click on "Let Mercy Come."

Oh, who are you on Facebook?

Anonymous said...

thanks for fixing the link, melody!

this is me on facebook...
http://www.new.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1215154040&ref=name

add me, if you'd like!

JOHN